Saturday, December 4, 2010

Hard,uh, I mean GROWING Times Ahead

 Have you ever come to a place (or many places) in your life that you would deem "impossible"? I mean,  you KNOW that everything is possible with God, but you don't feel as if He'll step in and change your circumstances.

 Yeah, my family has had several of those, one of them, in fact, we're still going through, still waiting to see how God will move.

Yesterday was one of those days, and while my dad was helping our pastor out at the church, my mom called us together to sit around the table and join in prayer.

 As we sat in solemnity, my mother explained how good God was, how faithful He was and how caring He has always been.

 She repeated it, not only for our benefit, but very much for hers as well.

 Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that she had no faith, it's just sometimes that it can be hard to see through the fog.

 Which makes one realize that it's not our job to SEE, (no matter how much we'd like to think it is) but rather it is our job to BELIEVE.

Of course, one Bible story truth that comes to mind is of Abraham sacrificing Isaac.

 God did not show them the ram the day before Isaac was to be sacrificed, nor did He provide the ram before they climbed the mountain, nor did He provide a ram before Abraham tied up Isaac.

 God provided a ram just in the knick of time- God's PERFECT timing- right before Abraham was about to shed his son's blood.

 But of course, God could have chosen to let Isaac die, and He could have provided His promise by giving Abraham a third son.

 Either way would have been in God's plan.

 That same thought can be applied to my family's situation. God can answer the way we hope that He answers, or He could answer our prayers the other way.

 I don't know.

 But I DO know that "I'll just keep trustin' my Lord, as I walk along...though the storm clouds darken the sky, o'er the Heavenly trail, I'll just keep trustin' my Lord, He will never fail..."

No comments:

Post a Comment