Friday, December 10, 2010

Fork, Knife, or Spoon?

I read James 3 for my devotions yesterday, and if you know anything about that chapter, it talks A LOT about controlling your tongue.

 I was reminded of what my pastor's wife asked, two nights before,  as she gave a short devotional during our Ladies' Meeting: "Are you a fork, a knife, or a spoon?"

Forks pierce meat, knives cut meat and spoons cradle.  So, do your words pierce others, do they cut others, or do they cradle others?

 (I would also like to add, that when you use your knife, you also have to use your fork to help cut. Just like a knife and a fork go hand in hand, cutting and piercing words go hand in hand.)

 So, especially with all of the "hustle and bustle" of Christmas, try to make sure that you're "spooning" others with your kind words, and for other Christians out there, just because others act a certain way doesn't mean that you should. In fact, shouldn't we be even more cautious of how we act and what we say, especially since we come into contact with even more people during this time of year compared to any other time?

 Well, just thought that I'd share my thoughts with y'all. Take care, God bless and maybe I'll write again soon!


P.S.-Hungry now?

No comments:

Post a Comment