Saturday, December 18, 2010

Dirty dishes, static hair and stubbing toes.

 I know we're past the "season of thankfulness", but I thought that I'd share this with you. (Besides, we Christians should ALWAYS express our thankfulness! :)

 Dirty dishes, static hair and stubbing my toes. I hate them.

 As I was loading the dishwasher today, I thought about how "gross" it was to load the dishwasher, and how "some people (aka, my younger siblings) need to start loading their OWN dishes!"  Well, immediately on the tails of that, a thought popped into my head (and I'm sure God had something to do with it! :)

 I was reminded that dirty dishes meant one thing: we have food to eat; and that at least we have a dishwasher (that works!) because some people-even here in America- don't have one! So, God allowed me to see things through somebody else's eyes.

 "Staticy" hair. I hate it. When winter rolls around, out come the sweaters, coats and scarves, and with that comes staticy hair.  I can't explain it. I don't mean that it's rather bothersome, I mean that I DESPISE it! I told my dad the other day, "One of the worst things that I've experienced it staticy hair!"

Oh.... I guess, if that is one of "the worst things in the world" that I've ever endured, I've been quite blessed, huh? I'm sure that if our military were able to endure a bad hair day over seeing their friends die, than they would be whooping out loud.

 I'm sure that if missionaries were able to live with staticy hair rather than living in fear of being persecuted, they would be shouting out praises from every street corner, no matter the country.

I'm sure that if.... you get the idea.

Lastly, stubbing toes. It hurts, and I seem to do that a lot. But, at least I have toes and a sensory system where I can feel. Many people can't feel a part of their body, maybe due to a stroke, and I'm sure they probably wish that they COULD feel something. Anything.

 So, thank You, God for dirty dishes, hair full of static and for toes in pain. You are a great God, and You have blessed me so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment